Ft. Lauderdale, FL
DEC 4-9, 2017
Early Bird Pricing Available:
$3,141 through SEP 30, 2017 | $3,316 through OCT 31, 2017
Group Room Block (limited availability)
Why is understanding valuation critical for exit planners?
"Business valuation should be a mainstay of your business planning. Business value is the baseline measurement of success."
-Chris Snider, CEPA, CEO/President of Exit Planning Institute, Award-Winning Author of Walking to Destiny: 11 Actions an Owner Must Take to Rapidly Grow Value & Unlock Wealth
The Authority in Matters of Value®
The Exit Planning Institute (EPI) is proud to provide members and clients the best resources and partners to help grow his or her exit planning practice and if valuation is a field in which you are interested, look no further than NACVA. The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts® (NACVA®) is the leading valuation professional organization providing superlative certified valuation training programs, including the most widely recognized valuation designation: the Certified Valuation Analyst® (CVA®). NACVA has dominated the valuation industry for over 25 years and will provide professional valuation analysts with the most intuitive tools and resources to effectively execute certified valuation engagements.
Certified Valuation Analyst® (CVA®)
Understanding and applying the generally accepted business valuation methodologies and approaches, and adhering to professional standards that govern the business valuation profession, will put you in a stronger position to better serve your clients. Gain credibility in the business community and demonstrate competency to the courts by achieving a certification in business valuation.
The Business Valuation Certification and Training Center (BVTC), offered live in cities throughout the U.S., live online, or through self-study, delivers the most comprehensive and complete foundational training teaching to the body of knowledge on how to value private business enterprises. The training prepares attendees to pass any business valuation certification exam offered in the profession; particularly the CVA designation offered by NACVA.
How Will You Benefit
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental steps to valuing a business, from beginning to end n Identify an appropriate valuation method within the valuation approaches based on the specific purpose and standard of value for a given valuation assignment
- Determine the most appropriate financial analysis of a subject company as it relates to a specific valuation engagement
- Identify the foundations of the business valuation analysis process as well as the value drivers that support a subject company’s value
- Recognize the differences in the various standards of value for businesses and the nuances of their application in a business valuation engagement
What You Will Cover
Days 1 and 2: Business Valuations—Fundamentals, Techniques & Theory (FT&T)
- Structure the elements of a valuation engagement from financial and operational analysis through to a conclusion of value
- Analyze financial and operational information for a business entity as it relates to a valuation engagement
- Differentiate the methods found in the three approaches to valuation—Asset, Income, and Market, and determine when it is appropriate to use each approach
- Identify methods and data sources for developing discount and capitalization rates
- Determine appropriate adjustments (i.e., premiums and discounts) to be applied to an indicated value
- Employ professional standards for the development and reporting of a valuation/calculation engagement
- Determine a value using the Adjusted Net Asset Method under the Asset Approach
- Determine when it is appropriate to use a Capitalization of Single-Period Earnings Method vs. Discounted Future Earnings Method under the Income Approach
- Identify appropriate normalization adjustments to apply to a business entity’s balance sheet and income statement
- Calculate a normalized benefit stream under the Income Approach
Day 4: The Market Approach—Exploring the Pricing Component
- Recognize the theory behind the Market Approach including its rationale, standards of value, main methods, and governing principles.
- Identify the key challenges in the application of the Market Approach and explain the current best practices used by valuation practitioners in overcoming and/or minimizing these challenges.
- Determine when the use of the Completed Transaction Method and/or Guideline Public Company Method is appropriate under the Market Approach.
- Identify the steps in selecting guideline companies and completed transactions relevant to the Subject Company.
- Describe the most commonly used valuation multiples, their corresponding drivers, and applicability depending on what level of value is being sought.
- Explain the process of adjusting valuation multiples to account for differences in size, growth, and business risk.
Day 5: Valuation in Action—Case Studies: Applying the Principles and Techniques
- Identify the key challenges, requirements, and nuances in conducting a valuation analysis for various special purposes.
- Identify the steps in the analysis and valuation of a company in a typical valuation engagement.
- Apply the three main valuation approaches—Assets, Income, and Market in a live case.
- Describe the key sections of a valuation report and how to connect the narrative to the quantitative analysis.
- Explain the process of reconciling the different indications of value in the valuation analysis.
- Online CVA Case Study Report Writing Clinic
- Case Study Research Package
- 60-Day Trial Subscription to KeyValueData®
- 60-Day Trial Subscription to Business Valuation Manager™ Pro (BVM Pro) and Business Valuation Report Writer™ (BVRW)
- Exam Q&A Study Guide
Who Should Attend?
This course is paperless. Attendees will be provided a link to course material that will be used during the course, so attendees will need a laptop with Internet access. The CTI will provide electric power and Internet access, but will not provide laptops. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own mobile wireless modem or hotspot device.
|Non-Member Package Pricing
(Before Early Registration Discount)
|Days 1 and 2 (18 Hrs CPE)||$1,200|
|Day 3 (9 Hrs CPE)||$600|
|Day 4 (9 Hrs CPE)||$600|
|Day 5 (9 Hrs CPE)||$600|
|First-year NACVA Membership||$495|
|CVA Certification Exam||$595|
|Live Option Package: Five-day training, plus First-year NACVA Membership, and CVA Certification Exam (45 Hrs CPE)||$3,490|
|Package Price after 10% Early Registration Discount||$3,141|