Pre-Event Registration $30Registration
The Importance of Well-Organized Bookkeeping in Preparing a Business for Sale
As business owners prepare or contemplate preparing their businesses for sale, their bookkeeping practices need to be reviewed and revised to both reveal inefficiencies and poor practices. Such scrutiny can offer insights into ways the business can be made more cost-effective and profitable by lowering and/or omitting unnecessary expenses and re-examining the appropriateness of their advisory team, employee roles and best use of time and expertise within the operations of the company. This will be a partly interactive presentation combined with a case study that will reveal samples of the inefficiencies that can occur.
• Learn from an interactive discussion the value of applying the skill and insights of good professionals.
• Hear from an accounting and bookkeeping professional about the importance of well-ordered bookkeeping documentation.
• Identify from a case study some typical samples of inefficiencies that can suppress the value of a business.
• Learn to compare and distinguish between good and poor bookkeeping practices from side-by-side financial statements.
• Learn the bookkeeping essentials for making a business attractive to potential buyers.
• Hear about the importance of having a team of advisors who can work together to speak to the readiness of a business to sell.
Wendy Barlin, CPA, Barlin Business Solutions – For managing businesses with operational strategies, time and resource analyses and income tax planning.
Wendy Barlin is more than an accountant. Her expertise is advising people to better manage their business with financial and operational strategies, time and resource analyses and income tax planning.
Her professional experience spans more than 20 years in service-based industries as diverse as entertainment, medical/dental, franchises and the professional services industry. Wendy and her team provide a full range of advisory services, accounting, bookkeeping and income tax compliance services. Wendy is committed to her clients’ success. Whether developing strategic operational plans, negotiating with banks or vendors, analyzing cash flow or projecting income taxes, she ensures that all financial decisions lead to greater profits. A native of Cape Town, South Africa, Wendy graduated with a double major in Accounting and Information Systems from the University of Cape Town. Wendy is a frequent speaker at conferences and association meetings and is also a member of the California Society of CPA’s and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
CEPAs receive 1 CE credit
CPE receive a certificate for 1 CE credit
CVA receive a certificate for 1 CPE credit