EPI Members $35 *Members must log into the EPI Member Center to receive the member pricing.
Non-Members $45Non-Member Registration
Discover Your Next Best Step: Getting Started, Looking to Grow, Finishing Strong Gracefully
The Midland Management Solutions approach incorporates the key elements of the Exit Planning Institute’s technique. This solutions based approach includes how to integrate the Value Enhancement or Acceleration Tactics into the Long Range Plan of the company as well as the Annual Operating Plan.
It builds Shareholder Value by providing a Next Best Step analysis of specific needs, offering insight on future success and coaching companies through important transitions. Through each step of the business life cycle, it focuses on improving Shareholder Value while Minimizing Risk.
- Review Midland’s approach to the Exit Planning Institute’s technique. The solutions based approach contains 9 steps.
- Obtain an understanding of how the Value Acceleration Analysis of 64 points is integrated into the Strategic Plan of the company and/or the One Year Tactical Plan.
- Learn the key 5 points of a Strategic Plan.
- Obtain a better understanding of the 11 functional areas of a business and how they impact improving Shareholder Value, both long-term and short-term.
- Learn how to utilize the Midland Management Solutions Flow Chart: http://www.themidlandgroup.net/MidlandManagementSolutions.html
Gordon Bell, CEPA, Founder, The Midland Group
Gordon’s accomplishments and contributions in the exit planning industry span across many areas of expertise and he works as an advisor to owners of joint ventures, private equity, ESOPs, and IPO exit strategies. He is the recent author of Discover Your Next Best Step: 10 Proven Principles of Servant LeaderShip Wisdom and the creator of Midland Management Solution, a proven process to increase value and minimize risk. He has worked on over 40 buy-side and sell-side transactions. Within the EPI community, Gordon provides master mentoring services and serves as the Vice President for the Central Indiana Chapter. Gordon Bell received The Peter Christman Exit Planner of the Year designation on September 20, 2016 at the Exit Planning Institute’s 2016 International Summit.
Under Gordon’s leadership, The Midland Group now offers a variety of services and educational tools:
- Midland Management Solutions – This system incorporates a series of comprehensive assessment tools and strategies designed to help business owners maximize shareholder value and minimize risk through strategic, operating and legacy plans that combine your personal, financial and business goals. Gordon is a Certified Exit Planning Advisor.
- Private Equity Capital – Gordon has performed dozens of merger acquisition activities. With an expansive network of established investor groups, Gordon can identify the equity solutions that meet your specific needs.
- Lake Effect Publishing – Gordon, a respected Christian leader, has written a book entitled Discover Your Next Best Step: 10 Proven Principles of Servant LeaderShip Wisdom. The book will have complementary small group study guides and additional materials targeted toward youth leaders.
Gordon holds a B.S. and an M.S. degree from Purdue University. He attended Harvard as a member of its Young Presidents’ Organization program and is a former member of the World Presidents’ Organization. Gordon is a 1986 Purdue University Alumni of the Year recipient. In 2010, Purdue’s College of Consumer and Family Sciences chose to honor him as one of 105 treasured alumni in the school’s 105-year history. He received a doctorate of foodservice from the North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers, and he has nine patents in the Foodservice Equipment Industry.
In addition, Gordon has a long history of service to numerous church, community and professional organizations. In 2014, he was chosen to be a part of the Dancing with the Fort Wayne Stars celebrity cast. Gordon has also served on the board of trustees for Trinity Christian College and in various church leadership positions, and he has a passion for providing pastoral care. He has also developed a church ministry called, “Unemployed . . . Let’s Talk.”
CEPAs receive 1 CE credit