Member Registration $35Registration
Non-Member Registration $45Registration
Been There… Done That: Enhancing Skills Through Collaboration
Collaborative discussion and case study covering areas of value enhancers, value detriments, curb appeal, readiness, and professionalized business characteristics.
Learning Objectives include:
- Enhance the collaborative effort of exit planning through case evaluation.
- Highlight best in class indicators of exit readiness.
- Value and structure issues…a deal dies many times before it actually closes.
- How you can help a client or business owner “today” from this discussion.
Scott R. Bulloch, CPA, MBA
Scott is a Founding Principal and the Chief Financial Officer of SPB Capital Partners, the first private equity fund based in Las Vegas, Nevada, with a second office in Santa Monica, California. Since 2004, Scott and his partners developed processes for identifying, qualifying, performing due diligence, raising capital, financing and closing over a billion dollars in transactions. Scott has advised and currently advises several privately held enterprises in matters related to succession, value enhancement, capital raising, merger and acquisition and corporate governance. Some of his accomplishments include:
• Over $200 million in hospitality and gaming acquired from MGM and another seller in Laughlin NV and Pahrump NV.
• Over $100 million of apartment units acquired and sold; over 1500 units.
• Acquisition (2007) and sale (2016) of Nevada’s largest mechanical contractor.
• Acquisition of Hawaii’s second-largest waste hauler.
• $50 million development of Wet ‘n’ Wild Waterpark in Las Vegas with Village Roadshow (Australia Stock Exchange: VRL) and The Howard Hughes Company.
• Scott served as the CFO of CREEL for 2 years (2015‐2017) leading nearly $70 million of debt raises and recapitalizations in connection with multiple acquisitions expanding CREEL to 4 US and 1 EU locations
• 2017 Sale of CREEL to the publicly traded LSC Communications (Stock symbol: LKSD).
Scott has been an accounting and finance professional for over 20 years, serving in roles at Ernst & Young and Deloitte & Touche and in corporate positions, including CREEL, Huntsman Corporation, and others. He has actively participated as part of management or as an advisor in the valuation and due diligence associated with various business transactions totaling over a billion dollars. Scott has managed the preparation of transactional documents and review of the same with numerous law firms including Snell & Wilmer, Morrison & Foerster, Venable, Dorsey & Whitney, and others. In addition, as either a Chief Financial Officer or a Chief Operating Officer Scott has managed numerous aspects of business operations, including, tax planning, tax compliance, financial accounting, financial reporting, development, and implementation of business processes, analysis of business lines, process improvements and other management issues.
CEPAs receive 1 CE credit
CPE recieve 1 CE credit
CVA recieve 1 CE credit