EPI President and CEPA Faculty Member Chris Snider will provide an overview of the CEPA course, what to expect and what topics will be covered.
After completing the Certified Exit Planning Advisor Program, you will be able to answer the following questions:
1. Concisely state each of the clients’ personal, business and financial goals.
2. Determine an approximate fair market value for the company.
3. Estimate the amount of money each shareholder would need to invest in order to support their existing lifestyle.
4. What are the likely net proceeds each shareholder would receive from a third party sale?
5. Use the three timing charts to plot the timing for this situation.
6. Discuss 4-5 value enhancement opportunities that are available to the Company.
7. What exit options would you recommend to the owners and why? Itemize and be prepared to discuss the pros and cons of each.
8. List 4-5 personal action items that you would recommend for each owner. Itemize and be prepared to discuss the cost vs. benefit of each.
9. What 4-5 business action items would you recommend for each owner? Itemize and be prepared to discuss cost vs. benefit of each.
10. What do you estimate the potential ROI on an exit planning assignment for this Company to be? Be able to quantify (illustrate with numbers) the ROI potential.
11. Which other advisors do you think should be included on the client’s advisory team? Make a case for the value that each would bring
Winner of the 2017 Middle-Market Thought Leader of the Year Award by the AM&AA (Alliance of Mergers & Acquisition Advisors), Chris’ pioneering work in the field of value acceleration and succession planning has established him as a trendsetter in the industry, sought after speaker, content provider, and educator across the globe.
Early in Mr. Snider’s career, he acted as a system integrator, supply chain manager, and mergers and acquisitions specialist for public companies such as The Sherwin Williams Company, Price Waterhouse, FedEx Logistics, Nike, Dell Computer, Hewlett Packard, Freightliner, and many others. A game-changing milestone in his career came when he began working with a middle market family owned business which he helped grow from $90 million to $265 million in three years resulting in the premier sale to a large multi-national strategic buyer. Since leaving the corporate world, Chris has established a private consulting practice to educate and advise business owners and their families on transition strategy and value acceleration and introduced the Value Acceleration Methodology™ to the industry. He also established Snider Premier Growth, a small family office with his son, which today has ownership stakes in eight businesses including the Exit Planning Institute. Chris earned a BSBA in Finance from John Carroll University and completed the CEPA training and certification course in 2008.