Business Valuation Certification and Training CenterOffered by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts®
Certified Valuation Analyst® (CVA®)
Understanding and applying the generally accepted business valuation methodologies and approaches, and adhering to professional standards that govern the business valuation profession, will put you in a stronger position to better serve your clients. Gain credibility in the business community and demonstrate competency to the courts by achieving a certification in business valuation.
The Business Valuation Certification and Training Center (BVTC), offered live in cities throughout the U.S., live online, or through self-study, delivers the most comprehensive and complete foundational training teaching to the body of knowledge on how to value private business enterprises. The training prepares attendees to pass any business valuation certification exam offered in the profession; particularly the CVA designation offered by NACVA.
BVTC Program Schedule
To register, click on date or location below or call NACVA’s Member/Client Services at (800) 677-2009.
|May 1–6, 2017||Washington, DC*||2/28/2017||3/31/2017|
|June 5–10, 2017||Chicago, IL||3/31/2017||4/30/2017|
|July 24–29, 2017||San Diego, CA||5/31/2017||6/30/2017|
|August 21–26, 2017||Atlanta, GA*||6/30/2017||7/31/2017|
|September 11–16, 2017||Washington, DC||7/31/2017||8/31/2017|
|October 2–7, 2017||Salt Lake City, UT*||7/31/2017||8/31/2017|
|October 16–21, 2017||Philadelphia, PA||8/31/2017||9/30/2017|
|October 30–November 4, 2017||New Orleans, LA*||8/31/2017||9/30/2017|
|November 13–18, 2017||Chicago, IL||9/30/2017||10/31/2017|
|December 4–9, 2017||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||9/30/2017||10/31/2017|
|December 11–16, 2017||San Diego, CA||10/31/2017||11/30/2017|
|January 22–27, 2018||Las Vegas, NV*||11/30/2017||12/31/2017|
|April 30–May 5, 2018||Chicago, IL*||2/28/2018||3/31/2018|
*Live online broadcast from this location is also available. Visit the Online Learning page for details and registration
Dates and locations subject to change.
This course is paperless. Attendees will be provided a link to course material that will be used during the course, so attendees will need a laptop with Internet access. The CTI will provide electric power and Internet access, but will not provide laptops. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own mobile wireless modem or hotspot device.
Earn Up to 45 Hours of Continuing Education Credits Earn CE Credits Now
The Consultants’ Training Institute (CTI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
How You Will Benefit:
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental steps to valuing a business, from beginning to end n Identify an appropriate valuation method within the valuation approaches based on the specific purpose and standard of value for a given valuation assignment
- Determine the most appropriate financial analysis of a subject company as it relates to a specific valuation engagement
- Identify the foundations of the business valuation analysis process as well as the value drivers that support a subject company’s value
- Recognize the differences in the various standards of value for businesses and the nuances of their application in a business valuation engagement
NACVA's CVA Designation is Accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies® (NCCA®)
NACVA’s Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation is the only valuation credential accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), the accreditation body of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence™ (ICE™). The Institute for Credentialing Excellence’s mission is to promote excellence in competency assessment for practitioners in all occupations and professions. This prestigious recognition differentiates CVA credential holders as having met the most stringent standards in the industry.
Your Six-Day Training Agenda
What You Will Cover:
Days 1 and 2: Business Valuations—Fundamentals, Techniques & Theory (FT&T)
- Structure the elements of a valuation engagement from financial and operational analysis through to a conclusion of value
- Analyze financial and operational information for a business entity as it relates to a valuation engagement
- Differentiate the methods found in the three approaches to valuation—Asset, Income, and Market, and determine when it is appropriate to use each approach
- Identify methods and data sources for developing discount and capitalization rates
- Determine appropriate adjustments (i.e., premiums and discounts) to be applied to an indicated value
- Employ professional standards for the development and reporting of a valuation/calculation engagement
Day 3: Business Valuations—Applications and Calculations of the Income and Asset Approaches
- Determine a value using the Adjusted Net Asset Method under the Asset Approach
- Determine when it is appropriate to use a Capitalization of Single-Period Earnings Method vs. Discounted Future Earnings Method under the Income Approach
- Identify appropriate normalization adjustments to apply to a business entity’s balance sheet and income statement
- Calculate a normalized benefit stream under the Income Approach
Day 4: The Market Approach—Exploring the Pricing Component
- Recognize the theory behind the Market Approach including its rationale, standards of value, main methods, and governing principles.
- Identify the key challenges in the application of the Market Approach and explain the current best practices used by valuation practitioners in overcoming and/or minimizing these challenges.
- Determine when the use of the Completed Transaction Method and/or Guideline Public Company Method is appropriate under the Market Approach.
- Identify the steps in selecting guideline companies and completed transactions relevant to the Subject Company.
- Describe the most commonly used valuation multiples, their corresponding drivers, and applicability depending on what level of value is being sought.
- Explain the process of adjusting valuation multiples to account for differences in size, growth, and business risk.
Who should attend
CPAs and financial consultants who wish to specialize in a non-seasonal consulting niche; employees of companies whose business plan includes growth/change via acquisitions and/ or divestitures; and anyone else who deals with business value in the course of his or her work.
Day 5: Valuation in Action—Case Studies: Applying the Principles and Techniques
- Identify the key challenges, requirements, and nuances in conducting a valuation analysis for various special purposes.
- Identify the steps in the analysis and valuation of a company in a typical valuation engagement.
- Apply the three main valuation approaches—Assets, Income, and Market in a live case.
- Describe the key sections of a valuation report and how to connect the narrative to the quantitative analysis.
- Explain the process of reconciling the different indications of value in the valuation analysis.
Program fee includes
- Online CVA Case Study Report Writing Clinic
- Case Study Research Package
- 60-Day Trial Subscription to KeyValueData®
- 60-Day Trial Subscription to Business Valuation Manager™ Pro (BVM Pro) and Business Valuation Report Writer™ (BVRW)
- Program Tuition -
| Non-Member Package Pricing
(Before Early Registration Discount)
|Days 1 and 2 (18 Hrs CPE)||$1,200|
|Day 3 (9 Hrs CPE)||$600|
|Day 4 (9 Hrs CPE)||$600|
|Day 5 (9 Hrs CPE)||$600|
|First-year NACVA Membership||$495|
|CVA Certification Exam||$595|
|Live Option Package: Training/Membership/Exam||$3,490|
|Package Price after 10% Early Registration Discount||$3,141|
The Authority in Matters of Value®
The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) supports the users of business and intangible asset valuation services and financial litigation services, including damages determinations of all kinds and fraud detection and prevention, by training and certifying financial professionals in these disciplines. Visit www.NACVA.com for more information.