Certified Exit Planning Advisor
The Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) Program, created in 2007, is the only program of it’s kind. Developed by nationally recognized experts in the field of exit planning, this 4-day executive MBA style program is taught by a faculty of nationally recognized experts in their respective fields. The CEPA Program offers professionals an innovative learning experience, performance-enhancing resources, and the strategic tools to help them advance their exit planning practice.
Learn the Value Acceleration Methodology
Introduced to the profession by EPI CEO, Christopher Snider, CEPA, the Value Acceleration Methodology is the process taught at the CEPA Program which integrates exit strategy into business, personal, and financial goals of the business owner. The process consists of three major components, referred to as the “three legs of the stool”: 1) Maximizing business value 2) Personal financial planning, and 3) Life after business planning. The process teaches that exit strategy is business strategy. It is about building, harvesting, and preserving family wealth for generations to come and integrating best in class business practices into daily operations. The Methodology focuses on enterprise value and is a revenue producing model for professional advisors that is justifiable with growth of overall enterprise value.
Participants who successfully complete the CEPA program, and pass the closed book proctored exam, receive the Certified Exit Planning Advisor / CEPA credential.
The CEPA program now qualifies for continuing educational credits with eleven major professional associations. This makes the CEPA program the most widely accepted and endorsed professional exit planning program in the world.
CEPA Program Highlights
Most widely accepted and endorsed exit planning program in the world
20 modules taught through lectures, group work and case studies (Click here for a full list of program Modules)
15 different world-class faculty members
Up to 32.5 CE Credits available for 11 different professional designations
2016 National Schedule
Chicago – November 14th – 17th
San Francisco – August 1st – 4th
San Diego – December 5th – 8th
Certified Exit Planning Advisor
Early bird pricing $3,795 through March 31st
When: May 23rd – 26th, 2016
Early bird pricing $3,795 through October 1st
When: November 14th – 17th , 2016
Early bird pricing $3,795 through July 1st
When: August 1st – 4th, 2016
Early bird pricing $3,795 through November 1st
When: December 5th – 8th , 2016
Where: Estancia La Jolla Hotel
Earn Up to 32.5 Hours of Continuing Education Credits Earn CE Credits Now
ESSENTIAL CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS!
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) – 32.5 hours of CPE credit
- Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA) – 32.5 hours of CPE credit
- Accredited Valuation Analysts (AVA) – 32.5 hours of CPE credit
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) – 32.5 hours of CPE credit
- Certified Business Appraisers (CBA) – 32.5 hours of CPE credit
- Certified Mergers & Acquisitions Advisors (CM&AA) – 24 hours of CPE credit
- Certified Financial Planners (CFP®) – 17 hours of CPE credit.
- Certified Business Intermediaries (CBI) – 10 hours of CPE credit
- Certified Investment Analysts (CIMA) – 27.5 hours of CPE credit
- Certified Private Wealth Advisors (CPWA) – 27.5 hours of CPE credit
- Certified Investment Management Consultant (CIMC) – 27.5 hours of CE Credit
The Exit Planning Institute® (EPI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Become The Next Value Advisor
After completion of the CEPA Program the professional advisor enters into an opportunity to become the “Value Advisor” for their client. The Value Advisor takes the business owner through the Value Acceleration Methodology. They oversee the development and implementation of the business owners Master Plan and act as the ‘quarterback’ or project manager of the advisory team, bringing in fellow professional advisors throughout the process. Through this interactive, team-play process the Value Advisors helps the other advisors to become more engaged and resolve issues.
The Value Advisor not only becomes a critical advisor for the business owner, but also a major referral source for other various professional advisors as they identify many different service opportunities throughout the process to address the business owner’s needs. In addition, managing this process for the business owner creates a new revenue stream for the Value Advisor; CEPAs or Value Advisors can expect to add additional revenue streams to their existing practice.
After completing the Certified Exit Planning Advisor Program, you will understand the following objectives:
- State each of the clients’ personal, business, and financial goals.
- Determine fair market value for the company.
- Estimate the amount of money each shareholder would need to invest in order to support their existing lifestyle.
- Calculate net proceeds each shareholder would receive from a third party sale.
- Use the 3 timing charts to plot the timing for this situation.
- Discuss 4-5 value enhancement opportunities that are available to the company.
- Itemize and describe exit options' pros and cons.
- List 4-5 personal action items recommended to an owner with cost/benefit analysis of each.
- List 4-5 business action items recommended to an owner with cost/benefit analysis of each.
- Qualify the ROI potential on an exit planning assignment.
- List the advisors included on a client's advisory team and the role of each.
Who should attend
Mergers & Acquisition Advisors
Other Professional Advisors
Program fee includes
- Program tuition & manual
- Certification exam fee
- Three year certification upon successful completion of exam
- First year of Annual Credentialed Membership dues
- Copy of The $10 Trillion Opportunity - Co-authored by Richard Jackim, JD, CEPA and Peter Christman, CEPA
- Copy of Every Family’s Business written by Thomas Deans, PhD
- Copy of The Master Plan written by Peter Christman, CEPA
- Continental breakfasts, lunches, and breaks provided during program